Businesses may be established by either individual or joint investment. There are two categories of businesse structures: juristic persons and non-juristic persons.
Juristic Person Business Structures
- 1. Partnership. There are 2 general types of juristic person partnerships: Registered ordinary partnerships and limited partnnerships.
- Registered ordinary partnership. If registered, the partnership becomes a legal entity, separate and distinct from the individual partners.
- Limited partnerships. Individual partner liablity is restricted to the amount of capital contributed to the partnership.
- 2. Company Limited is governed by the Civil and Commercial Code. Shareholders have liability limited to the remaining unpaid amount of subscribed shares.
- 3. Public Company Limited is governed by the Public Company Act. Public Companies offer shares, debentures and warrants to the public and may apply to have their securities listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET).
- 4. Other Forms of Corporate Bodies such as a branch of a foreign company, or a representative office.
Non-Juristic Person Business Structures
- 1. Sole Proprietorships. Small business establishments.
- 2. Unregistered Ordinary Partnerships, in which all partners are jointly and wholly liable for all obligations of the partnership.